Happy Sixth Months!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

I can't believe our sweetheart is six months old already! A child truly is a great reminder of just how fast time passes. It's fun to watch as he progresses each and every day. At the doctor, he measures:
 
height: 26.5 inches (51%)
weight: 18 lbs (58%)
head circumference: 17 inches (32%)
 
Just very recently, he is starting to be able to sit himself up, although once he leans too far to the right, left, or back, gravity takes control. He hasn't been able to roll yet. I've been working with him to encourage him to roll from his back to his tummy. I've only fed him bananas and avocado, although our daycare is feeding him rice cereal as well. I'm lagging on this, and need to start introducing him to more solids. He loves his food so I know he will really enjoy tasting more solids. I think he may be starting to teeth. He has been waking up in the middle of the night so let's hope it's teething, and not just him wanting to bother us :) He loves to put his foot in his mouth. He is also outgrowing his Size 3 diapers so I am about to move him up to Size 4. He wears 6-month clothing, but can fit in certain 9-month clothing. I bought him this cute 6-month long-sleeve onesie, and after washing it, it didn't fit him! I was so bummed out, but his chunky thighs wouldn't fit the leg part. He is starting to know when I am out of the room, and yes, sometimes I'll crawl out so he doesn't see me! He loves clapping. He loves when I clap his hands together, and when I clap my hands. He thinks it is just the funniest thing ever. I sing the "If you're happy, and you know it" song, and clap his hands, and he just laughs so hard. We love this guy so much, and love seeing him grow (although, I want him to stay this size forever!).
 
Thanks for reading!
 
-Kaolee

 








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER