My Only New Year Resolution

Saturday, January 3, 2015

I'm a big fan of New Year resolutions. I tend to forget them soon afterwards, but I do enjoy thinking about what I want to improve for the upcoming year. And most often then not, they are the same repeats from the year before. I write them down somewhere and think about them for the first month of the year, and then I start to fail within that month, and I give up long before the year is over.

As I was thinking about what my resolutions should be for this, I started thinking about what it is that I really want. If I was in a bubble, and I was not afraid of what others would think, what is it that I would want to achieve this year? Maybe it is just me, but over the last few years, I have let others influence my actions. A lot of my decisions are based on what people will think of me, and what I am doing.

This year, I am resolving to do the things that I enjoy. I am going to let go of the things that I don't enjoy, that aren't really important to me. I am going to work towards achieving a balance that works for me and my little family. It might not be for everyone, and I am sure people will have their own opinions, but then again, those are just people.

What are your New Year resolutions? And what would you want to achieve or do, if you didn't care about anyone judging you? Here's to a New Year, and here's to supporting each other as we carry on.

-Kaolee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER