Busy Season Workouts

Monday, January 5, 2015

It seems like once a year, I start itching to join a gym, thinking that if I pay for the membership, I will be more likely to actually go. I have joined a national chain fitness center and have quit 3 times in the past 5 years. I would get really motivated, and start working out. Inevitably, something would happen and I wouldn't make it for months, and then feelings of guilt would come over me, which then leads to me cancelling my membership.

Just before Christmas, I was having one of those moments again. A girlfriend and I actually got one-day passes to try a different gym. She made it; however, I didn't. After that, I thought, if I can't even make it for just one day, how am I going to make it continuously in order for the gym to be worth it? So I finally decided, I'll just stick to work out videos. They're much easier to pop in, and I don't have to drive anywhere. Being a mom, and going into my busiest time at work, work out videos will make my life a lot easier, and the chances of me actually working out will be greatly increased.

Insanity - I have done the full work outs a couple of times with my husband, and they are super hard! I don't know how anyone can get through full workouts. This 20-minute insane workout is super hard as well, but knowing that it is just 20 minutes makes it easier for me to get through.

Ballet Beautiful - Ever since I heard that Mary Helen Bowers trained Natalie Portman from Black Swan, I really wanted to try the workout. So far, I really enjoy it. These work outs are not like any that I have done before, but I really enjoy them and I feel like I am definitely seeing results!

The Tracy Anderson Method - I talked about this one before. I love her no-weight/low-weight methodology. She has some great moves for the abs!

Do you have any favorite work out videos that I should try?

-Kaolee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER