my mascara search

Friday, December 19, 2014

i have the shortest, puniest, thinnest eyelashes known to man, or should i say known to woman? they are so weak. if your lashes determined your survival, i would have long been gone because these lashes are just going to cower and fall dead. since i have been researching, reading, asking friends, and doing all that fun stuff, i thought i would just post about it.

just a side note that these mascaras may work for your lashes. heck, you might even love them! but again as noted above, my lashes aren't regular, normal, and cooperative lashes. they are quite the opposite so these are just based on my opinion and my experience.

during my research, i learned that:

1. more expensive is not necessarily better.
2. i need dry formulas. a wet mascara will make my lashes uncurl in about 2 seconds.
3. waterproof is a must.

my cousin recommended this mascara to me. i really wanted to love it and it's actually the first mac product i tried. when i first opened the tube, i had some hope since it looks fairly dry. the minute i put it on my lashes, i knew, this was not the one. moving on.

i tried this a couple of years ago, and it didn't work for me. but my cousin recommends using either of the two mac mascaras on here and then using this over it. i really liked the brush. it's more of those plastic brush head and doesn't put a ton of product on your lids, so i was thinking that would not be too bad. however, again, when i put it on over the mac mascaras, this did not work very well. i blame it mainly on the mac mascaras since those completely uncurl my lashes. after that, there is no point of return. unfortunately. 

i've been on this tarte kick. i am just loving their tinted moisturizer, foundation and blushes. i love how natural their products are! upon opening this, i had some hope. it looks to be on the more dry side. however, upon application, this did zilch for me. nada. i'm so sad since again, i wanted to love everything tarte.

my cousin loves her dior mascaras. i tried two previously before this. i can't recall the names of those, but they were way wet. i mean, uncurled and actually made them droop more. it's like someone kicking you when you are already down. the lady at the dior counter recommended this one. i have to say, i love the brush and the distribution of products. however, another wet formula. i won't be trying another dior mascara after this. it's a bit tiring and disappointing. 


this is the other mac mascara my cousin recommended. super wet and the minute i opened it, i knew i was doomed.


i had this in my arsenal during this whole trial and error period. i like the curved brush. and to tell you the truth, most maybelline mascaras have been good friends to my lashes. they've been kind and helpful. this is not a favorite, but it does the job.


a friend recommended this mascara. one end (left end) is for the upper lashes. right end is for the lower lashes. since my top lashes are barely there, you can only imagine my lower lashes. i really should use the right end for my upper lashes lol. again, this is more on the dry side so i have been using this. i wouldn't say it's my favorite, but it does what it's supposed to for the most part. 



i was using this for awhile. i actually got the falsies because i couldn't remember that it was the turbo that i loved. i haven't yet replaced this one since as you can see, i have a bunch of mascaras to go through. but i love this mascara a lot. this is probably my favorite of all these mascaras.

while at ulta, my friend recommended this. and i must say, i love using this as a first coat. i let it dry and then apply one of the other mascaras on and it seems to help a bit. i love that the mascara doesn't put a whole bunch of product on my lashes, however, if i wanted anything dramatic, i needed to load up on this. the brush itself won't put a bunch on. but at the same time, that's what i like about it.
i'm currently experimenting with lash extensions, which is nice because i don't have to worry about mascaras. however, let me know if you have any favorite ones that i should try in the future!
-kaolee


3 comments:

  1. Younique 3D Fiber Mascara.....best mascara for length and volume and it stays put until you wash it off! Check it out on my website. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. This web page usually are beneficial in addition to appreciative.

    3d Mascara Younique & Younique Moodstruck 3d Fiber Lashes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    Makeup and Beauty Therapy Courses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER