don't ask for what you can't bear

Monday, October 5, 2015

Or something like that.

Mason was previously sleeping at 10pm, which meant he would sleep until 8 or even 9am the next morning. This also meant that once Mason was in bed, we ourselves didn't get into bed until well past midnight.

I casually mentioned to several people that maybe I should put him into bed earlier, say 7pm or 8pm. That way, once he gets to bed, and I finish up the dishes and cleaning up, it may just be 9pm and that will still give me some time to read, and relax.

In theory, it really seemed like a great idea. However, I failed to realize that since he would be going to bed earlier, that also meant he would be waking up earlier. And that means 7am. Ugh. I haven't seen 7am since February, when I was working.

So basically, don't ask for what you can't bear. Or if you do, understand the consequences. It's not all rainbows and butterflies.

And yes, I'm just complaining. But my problem is that I want to relax for 4 or 5 hours, and that turns into midnight. It honestly is nice that I get some evening time to relax and Mason gets to bed at a decent hour. And yes, once he's bed, I'm missing him already and wondering whether I should keep him up so we can play together.

Kaolee


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER