Mason Lately

Wednesday, August 31, 2016












At two years and a little over a month old, Mason's personality is developing so fast these days. It really wasn't until we went to Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium that I got so excited to see his reactions. I mean, it was fun before, but then for me personally, it was like something beckoned inside of me for me to show him things, show him the world, expose him to new things. One of his friend's had a pool party, and when I took him into the pool, he was all giggles and so excited and so happy. And it gave me all the feels inside. Like, this is what it's all about. This is why God gave him to us, to feel the ultimate joy. And then the other day, we went to take a tour of a gym, and he gets inside, looks around, and keeps saying, "Wow! Wow! Wow!", all amazed at the sheer size of the place. I don't think he's ever been in a place with a ceiling quite that high. 

He's at a curious age, and every time he hears a noise, he asks, "What's that sound?" "Oh, it's a bird." "Oh, it's a plane." "Oh, it's the neighbors doing yard work." "Oh it's kids playing outside." We do this every day, and I'm glad he asks because it's helping him learn so much.

He's still very much into cars. Cars will always make him happy. He still lines them up, and now we keep his cars in a bucket so we can take it everywhere. 

He's quite shy around people, and still hides behind me, but at home, he's talkative, and strong willed, and a load of fun. I'm not sure if this is phase, or if he will grow out of it. Any thoughts appreciated on this one!

Sometimes when he wakes up on the right side of the bed, we will just lay there and stare at each other. It's a little weird, but I love it. I'll smile at him and kiss him and he'll smile back and just stare. In these moments, I wonder what he is thinking. 

Anyways, you must think my child is just perfect. But lo and behold, not the case. He's started to growl and hit. I'm worried since I'm slower these days, and can't get to him as fast. It's typically towards kids his age and when he is defense mode. We have tried to work with him, but I'm really hoping this is a phase that he will grow out of since we do have a lot of friends his age, and they are all so sweet and nice.

My boy's my bud, the apple of my eyes. I just love him, and when I can't fall asleep, I watch him sleep, barely able to tell where his eyes are, but thinking about how big he's gotten, and how much alike we are.

Kaolee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER