Happy 9 Years!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

For our anniversary, I asked friends where we should go, and everyone praised the Sun Dial Restaurant so we decided to go there for this year's anniversary dinner. The Sun Dial Restaurant is on top of the Westin Hotel in Downtown Atlanta. You can get free valet with your $75 food purchase. 

When we got there, the hostess said that she had to count in order to remember where our seats were. I didn't quite understand what she meant until we got to our table. The interior of the restaurant spins around so that you can see all of Atlanta which was so cool. I didn't realize that it actually spins around. And of course, when I say spin, I mean, very very slowly. It won't make you dizzy unless you look down at the floor where it is moving. We were at dinner for about two hours, and I believe were had two whole rotation of Atlanta. We missed the sunset which would have been nice, but it was still amazing to see all of Atlanta.

Our waitress had been working there since December of 1983!!! She was a bit chatty, and we didn't get water/soda refills very much but she was nonetheless very pleasant. At the end, she offered to take our pictures standing in front of the glass which I was surprised at since I feel like at some places, people are not as receptive to picture taking, but I was glad she offered.

Overall, I enjoyed this place, and I'm so glad we got a babysitter, and had some time to ourselves.


Braised Oxtail - This is so delicious!!! We also ordered the Spicy Garlic Shrimp, but ate that before I remembered to take a picture. Both were superb, but the Braised Oxtail was definitely my type of dish.


Raspberry Lacquered Duck Breast - This was served medium, and totally melted in my mouth. So delicious! The zucchini bread french toast (it's a bit hidden in the picture above) was a little drier, but with the sauce, I think it was perfect. The french toast was very good though.  


Brandon got the Wood Roasted Salmon. It came with sweet gnocchi which I had never tried before, and this was very, very good. The salmon was cooked perfectly and all the flavors together were so, so yummy. 


I saw the creme brulee on the menu, and knew right away that was what I wanted. Brandon wanted the molten cake, but that was vetoed. Sorry Brandon! The creme brulee did not disappoint. Just thinking about it now makes me want some so bad!


Selfies! We so need a selfie stick! 


What a brilliant idea! I thought it was so cool that I could look down right at the streets, and see everyone walking around. 




Here's to another year of us!

Thanks for reading!

-Kaolee

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER