Philosophy - Purity One-Step Facial Cleanser

Monday, January 19, 2015

I have heard a lot about this cleanser so I was really excited to try this out. This cleanser is a 3-in-1 cleanser, and it's supposed to clean, tone and melt away makeup. It is fragrance-free, although it does have a smell, not overpowering but just a nice smell. It claims to melt away makeup which I initially didn't believe. In my past experiences, when cleansers claim to take off all your makeup, they usually don't live up to their promise. I wear waterproof mascara so I typically use a separate makeup remover to remove my eye makeup, and then use a makeup remover wipe to wipe off any remaining eye makeup and the rest of my face. I feel like that takes off everything really well. However, since this cleanser claims to take off my makeup, I decided to put it to the test. I didn't use anything to take off my makeup beforehand, and just washed my face with this cleanser. Lo and behold, all my makeup was gone, including my stubborn mascara! I was very surprised and pleased. I even used a makeup remover wipe to see if there were any makeup leftover that the cleanser did not take off, and there was nothing else coming off on that wipe. I did wash my face again after using the wipe, since after just one wash with this cleanser, my face didn't feel the squeaky clean that it usually does (even though there was no hint of makeup left). This cleanser leaves your face soft, and is not drying at all.

Overall, I really like this cleanser. It has a nice smell, and does what it promises. I will probably continue to remove my makeup as mentioned above before I use this cleanser since I like my face feeling squeaky clean.

I didn't see SLS on the ingredient list; however, I did see sodium trideceth sulfate. Based on the Good Guide, there is no health concern associated with this ingredient, so that is another plus! I'm currently just looking to make sure my products are SLS-free, but let me know if you want more research on ingredients in the products I use.

Have you tried this cleanser? If you have, did you like it?

Thanks for reading!

-Kaolee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER